Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sweet Leslie

New gear alert!

I have upgraded from my Boss RT-20 Leslie sim to a Hughes and Kettner Tube Rotosphere. It doesn't have the super-cool flashy swirly gubbins on the top, but it does have an extremely sexy 12ax7 preamp tube that makes the organ growl.

Even through Dean's minature Fender guitar amp (a little bass deficient, and mono) it sounded absolutely wonderful. I had multiple Stevie Winwood moments before I got told to settle down.

On the Anubis front, Dougie left a demo with me (6 minutes in length, characteristically full to the brim with complex themes ideas and a dizzying array of symphonica that was, in parts, a bit like wading through glue, in truth), and Rob and I have trimmed off a lot of the fat, and rearranged all the best bits, and it's now a moody 6/4 ostinato that evolves into a balls-out latino-tinged rocker a la 'The Doctor'. IMHO the best thing Dougal has done for Anubis, absolutely mallaeable and very exciting. It blends, stylistically with what Rob and I have already written, and some of the ideas that Nick is presenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment