Sunday, April 26, 2009

What is it with Waterfall?

I have been, like an egocentric bald twat, reading through the comments on our myspace and facebook pages, and have come to a question...

What is it with Waterfall?

Almost every person who comments on the band's music seems to pass comment on Waterfall in some way. Terrific source of satisfaction for me personally, as it's quite a personal track to me, and I'm a major writer on it, but nonetheless, people always seem to comment on that one. It's the black sheep, sonically on the album. It has a different layering technique for a start.

And it's a bugger to play live!

Is it Doug's aching guitar solo, is it Robbie's apocalyptic vocal? Is it the rhythm section? Is it the Orchestra kicking in at the end?

I don't bloody know. But when someone from "European Progressive Rock Reviews" says "God, you're great..." without a hint of irony, then I take that rather personally.

Good stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment