Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Gutted...

My Apple Mac died last night.

I am very very pissed off. Something to do with the hard drives. It's not recognising them, and refusing to boot up.

The Mac had (has?) on it about 35 songs, a recording session I did with Steve of all our old songs, all my photos, every rehearsal Anubis did for the last two years, every gig we played together, every second of film of the band, and my entire itunes library.

Particularly galling is that before it died, Rob and I were working on a new track, and I had broken it's back and brought it into submission - it truly was sounding great. Now it has been returned, electronically, to the ether from whence it came.

This is a major disaster for me, as I have taken to playing with new songs almost on a daily basis. Dean and I are going to try to recover some data and get her rolling again, but I am not optimistic.

I am resigned to losing everything if that is what has to happen to get my computer back. I have some stuff backed up, and thankfully everything pertaining to the album is backed up and safe. But I am hoping that even if I have to replace the hard drives, most of the work can be recreated somehow.

I prepare for the Lansdowne with this around my neck. Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment