Thursday, June 4, 2009

Too much to summarise

Right now I am thrilled to bits.

I get a call from the small but perfectly formed Bennison this morning to bring me the joyous news of a Shine On booking for the utterly glorious 1000 seat Shoalhaven Entertainment Centre, in Nowra.

It's big. Firstly. Bloody massive.

And secondly it is an absolutely marvellous venue. It, like the cube, is ultra-modern and acoustic savvy, but with tiered seating and all those marvellous Entertainment thingies that look so fantastic. Our show is going to look absolutely unreal in it.

There are at least two other venues that are being looked at as we speak.

The end of this year will be utterly Floyd-tastic.

Tonight, Dean, Robbo and I are going back to mix the Anubis live album, 'Flesh, Water and Bone'. The one from the Lansdowne tapes. Having hear them back, I can safely say they are among the best sounding things I've heard with me on, and in some cases, the fire behind the songs is even hotter than the album versions. Obviously, the dichotomy between an art work and a live music performance remains in play, and both are meritorious for entirely different reasons, but there is some positively scorching playing, and some remarkable vocals.

Finally, I have pottering around in my new studio space which had once previously been my studio space. It's homely and warm but at the same time is well organised and some well placed reminders of my life everywhere does help to make it less sterile than a normal recording environment. All I need now is my beloved mac back in it's rightful spot and I'm good to go.

Warm and Inviting. A nice space for recording with pictures and soft light.


My Dad made me a wooden Rack unit that now comes out on an angle. Easy access to patch bay and the cable jungle behind.


Picture #1: Shine On at Campbelltown. I like this shot very much.


Picture #2: Anubis at Sydney University, July 2008. Another great shot from a great looking show.



Two brilliant pictures of Shine On from the last show.


Analogue Friends. ARP ProSoloist, CZ-5000 and the Roland JX-8P
String City: The guitars in situ. Obviously not including the ones Doug has currently got.

No comments:

Post a Comment